Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Have a Merry Christmas, we'll see you on the other side with some photos and stuff!
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Then Saturday was Colin's birthday, we were invited to a Build-a-Bear party! It was a really good time for all the kids.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Put some random pictures together to get some clean camera memory before we head to Nebraska for Thanksgiving, so here's a hodge podge album:
Hopefully I can get back to some more regular blog posts soon... have a good one everybody!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Carson and I made a fort out of the dining room table chairs and a couple of bed sheets and blankets.
Carson daycare class had their annual photos done, they look really great.
Sam turned one month last week and the boys had some fun playing with Elmo...
Friday, November 02, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Nebraska... *deep heavy sigh* They had the game in their hands and they let it slip away.
The Indy Colts did pretty much the opposite, they were locked down in the 1rst quarter but came back strong to defeat Carolina.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
From the Haffey's Links department:
- 10 Kick Ass facts about Bruce Lee
- Tech Support thwarts criminal!
- The latest update from the Street Fighter: The Later Years series
- An awesome invention, I can't wait to get one!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Grandma Shirl is in town this week and I copied off the pictures from their camera from last week's visit... if she takes some more pictures while she's here I'll put them in this same album.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Monday, October 01, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
- The most ridiculous game show answers, EVER!
- Did you have childhood dreams of becoming an astronaut? NASA may be able to help you out with that.
- Jimmy Kimmel was so kind as to explain exactly what Miss Teen really said.
- How to NOT make your customers happy, demonstrated here.
- Watch all your TV while at your computer, catch up on old shows, etc. Great site.
LIFE CHANGING TIPS AND TRICKS!!!!
Hey, I know it's been awhile but never fear I have a good one today... especially for you home owners out there. How to burglarproof your doors. I know I am going to be doing a couple of the suggested things in there, I had been thinking of a moat and drawbridge but maybe just some improvements to the doors would be a cheaper route.
Finally we close with a story about health... Eye doctors warn that prolonged computer use can have ill effects, SO STOP READING THIS BEFORE YOU GO BLIND!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
There was a press release today from Jenni's work... Carson and I were invited to come and help out. Carson got to stand at the head of the line (with his back to the TV cameras) and give Peyton (and the other big wigs) high fives on their way to the stage and then got front row seats to the news release. I took some pictures, I'm hoping Dr. Ronda and her husband Bruce got some good ones that I can put in my album as well.
And since I've already been asked, I figure I better note it here before more people wonder... Nothing is wrong with Carson, he's perfectly healthy. They had kids in the hospital and kids of employees there to greet Peyton.
Note to self: Van repair: $0 - Broken resistor on blower motor - 36,134m (original purchase date 4/26/07)
Monday, September 03, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
We had a pretty good view of the Lunar Eclipse this morning... I wish I had been awake enough to better use my camera's settings, but by the time I figured it out the moon was gone. Oh well, I did get at least something captured.
It fell behind the trees as the total eclipse happened... then the sun came up and I had to head to work so I didn't get to see it reemerge. Here's a couple of star photos I took between moon shots.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Let's start off with some funny pictures that other people have taken:
- Crossing Sign
- Darth Vader, the normal joe (look through the whole album)
- Maybe I'm a wimp, but this might be going to far for "teh funneh"
How about some news of the cool/weird:
- Meteor sighting, it's in polish but the visuals in the video and the picture don't need words
- Five stadium promotions gone wrong
- Who steals a pool? ok, so there may be some people but who steals a pool, FULL OF WATER? yea
- Funny and useful military warnings
- AWESOME Case mod!
- Top 13 worst slogan translations
How about some cool/fun flash goodies?
- Escape the car!
- Frank allows the internet access to his USB devices
- Scorch things in the microwave, without breaking YOUR microwave
Tech News tidbits:
- Free app that tells you when your software needs updates
- Make your pocket PC look like an iPhone
- Cisco plans to kill Linksys brand
- Six steps to securing your PC
- Restarting your Windows OS without restarting your PC
Let's wrap it all up with a creepy/funny video:
Sunday, August 19, 2007
|From 2006 Daycare ...|
|From Home Improvem...|
|From Home Improvem...|
|From Home Improvem...|
|From Home Improvem...|
Thursday, August 16, 2007
I guess I'll have to start doing real blog posts again... heh.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Last set of photos to be uploaded and showcased tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Stay tuned for Day 6.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Stay tuned for Day 4...
Saturday, August 11, 2007
I'll post day three tomorrow, etc etc. We had a really good time... despite the INTENSE heat.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Next up was our friend Keira's birthday party... always a good time to hang out with such good friends.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
They're not gone, there just hasn't been a lot of me posting on Fridays. I'm going to dip back into the Penny Arcade well though (as I probably will a lot) and give you: A Kris Kross reference How can you go wrong with that?
We're going to hang out at the Randolph's cabin property tonight in western Indiana, should be fun. I'll try to take some photos.
News of the "SAY WHAT?"
- BILL + TED SEQUEL TO GO AHEAD WITHOUT REEVES OR WINTER, say it isn't so!?!?!! All my hopes and dreams smashed in one snappy headline
- A trailer for an internet video game reveals hidden facts about Santa... this one may not be a good watch for the little ones. (Unless they know the truth... then they'll laugh)
- Jay Leno featured a spot showing the effects of Anti-Helium... scary. lol
I read a review of a website that helps people move, called MoveMe. It looks to have lots of cool features to make moving less painful.
How about some free tickets to an Indianapolis Colts game? Feel free to sign up, win, and give them to me. I've signed up and my username is airthom.
Sports Illustrated has a "Top 10 College Sports Venues" story up... Memorial Stadium didn't make it (I'm surprised), but Rosenblatt Stadium did make it. I've been to Rosenblatt (a lot) and to the Rose Bowl one time, both are amazing places.
Have a good weekend, see you on the other side.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Going to be a weekend of taking it easy and maybe get a couple home projects done. I hope your weekend is productive as well.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
First and foremost, sixteen posts ago I passed the 100 mark for blog entries. Yay!
Second, yesterday was the Fourth of July... we invited some people over to my parent's place for some swimming, cooking out, and a little fireworks fun. I captured some of the excitement with my camera. All the fireworks shots were from our neighbor's later that night.
Alright, how about we drop some Techie news and a little "Haffey's links" now...
- Sony PSP FakeBook
- Who loves the Kwik-E-Mart? Burbank, CA does.
- This is a great example of how to complain to an airline.
- 10 Reasons It Doesn't Pay to Be "The Computer Guy"
- One of the few iPhone news bits that I enjoyed reading.
- This has to do with liquid cooled computers... go to the next one if you didn't say "REALLY!?!? WOW!"
- Can you say "8 core?"
- Eight timesaving tips for Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office
- A great example of how far our society has come in 52 years.
.ʇı op noʎ s,ʇǝ1 ʇɐɥʇ ddɐ ǝ1ʇʇı1 1ooɔ ʎ11ɐǝɹ ǝɥʇ oʇ ʞuı1 ǝɥʇ noʎ puǝs 11,ı puɐ ʇuǝɯɯoɔ ɐ ǝɯ ǝʌɐǝ1 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ oʇ ʇuɐʍ noʎ ɟı .ʎ11ɐǝɹ 'uoıʇuǝʇʇɐ buıʎɐd sı oɥʍ buıǝǝs ʇsnظ ǝɹoɯ ɯ,ı .sǝɔuǝʇuǝs ɟo ǝ1dnoɔ ɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpıspdn ǝdʎʇ ı ǝɹǝɥʍ ʎɹʇuǝ bo1q ǝɥʇ ɟo ʇɹɐd ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Monday, July 02, 2007
|St. Louis Trip|
Here are some of my favorites:
There's a lot more to see in the album... including four videos, one is in the post previous to this one.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
LIFE CHANGING TIPS AND TRICKS!!!!
How to Sleep Better, some really great tips and information about getting better quality sleep. Also, they changed around the How-To site I've been using it looks a lot nicer now.
Bargain Alert!! Here is a great deal on some Lego Sets.
- When I saw these, I thought "why?"... well the title answers the question, but it still left me scratching my head.
- I enjoy beer, and occasionally I'll creep out of my comfort zone brews to try something new... but this is just craziness.
- I SOOOOO want to get something like this... uber baby stroller!
- FUN WITH ELECTRICITY! (Don't try this at home)
- If you've seen 300 then this will make you chuckle.
- For that special emo in your life... CRAYONS! Not sure what emo is? Click me
- Here's a great commentary on the use of Voice Communications while playing online games.
Remember that fun with electricity link up there?? Well, here is some more fun
I watched Hot Fuzz the other day, so I'm going to try and write up a good review of it before the end of the week. Be safe and see you tomorrow.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
|Saturday in the Park|
A few of my favorites from the album:
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
1889: Flag Day in the US
In the United States, Flag Day (more formally, National Flag Day) is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.
Funny and Scary:
- Amp'd Mobile files for bankruptcy after 1/2 of their subscribers don't pay their bills
- Happen to need an industrial can-opener?
- I like a good thrill ride from time to time, but this is taking it a step too far
- Have you ever used PowerPoint? Ever been in a meeting where someone had BAD slides? This guy gives you steps on how NOT to use PowerPoint
Haffey came up big this past week with an OUTSTANDING link to a couple very useful sites:
- Windows XP Post SP2 Update Pack, which let's you update your media with the latest updates to save time after building machine by not having to patch them. It also has some other add-on tools that are pretty cool.
- The other site is tlbox, which is a great repository of various tools (in our link we have focused on System Admins, but there are others to choose from) that you can integrate into Firefox. Kudos to you, sir, for the awesome links.
I have some friends that are really into Guitar Hero, so the next two links are all about them. If you are into GH, you are welcome to enjoy them as well.
- Guitar Hero rocks the 80s?? Get out of town.
- How about using your Guitar Hero "axe" to make music you can save on your PC? Just, wow.
Apple iPhone... June 29th... 6pm... local time.
The Colts received their SuperBowl Champion rings last night.
Blast from the past:
I really wanna go see if there are some episodes of this I can get, I used to watch it all the time. heh
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
|What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)|
("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
|Click Here to Take This Quiz|
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.
I'll drop some more stuff in here a bit later.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Saturday, June 09, 2007
and he showed his gender to the ultrasound tech
This one seemed just as uncooperative as Carson was during his ultrasound, but less dedicated to blocking the tech from telling if he was a girl or a boy. Now to start the name debate... heh.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Here's the album:
|Nick's Birthday Party|
In the interest of not having a hundred photo's link from here use the album to check out all the action, I am going to directly link my favorite part; potion creation.
And then close with my favorite photo:
Thanks for having us over to your house Nick, we're looking forward to a really fun summer.